Laser Therapy Clinic Sydney
Looking for Laser therapy in Sydney ? New Age Physio is keeping up with the latest innovations in providing leading edge treatment solutions which is now available at New Age Physiotherapy – Austral. New Age physiotherapy are proud to be the first physio in area to introduce low level laser therapy treatments into their clinic.
Laser therapy facilitates natural healing by enhancing the body’s immune system response and is known alternatively as cold laser, low level laser therapy, soft laser or photobiomodulation.
The technology involves the use of either a laser diode or light-emitting diodes that emit a specific spectrum of light which is absorbed by the cells of the body.
Why Is It Known As Soft Laser Or Cold Laser?
Low intensity Laser Therapy does not heat, cut or damage tissue, unlike high intensity lasers. The therapy is completely safe with no significant adverse side effects. The specific spectrums of light used in Low Intensity Laser Therapy have been scientifically proven to induce changes in cell physiology.
How Does Photobiomodulation From Laser Therapy Work?
Once the laser light is absorbed by the cells, a cascade of physiological reactions are initiated leading to a reduction of inflammation, stimulation of cellular repair mechanisms, and healing from trauma and injury.
The result of these processes are the reduction or elimination of symptoms including pain, restored function and improved quality of life. In this way Low intensity Laser Therapy is rehabilitative and in some cases curative.
The physiological effects of Laser Therapy include an increase in:
– Collagen, DNA, connective tissue cells (fibroblasts)
– Increased strength of muscles, tendons and ligaments
ATP (adenosine triphosphate)
– The fuel of the cell required in facilitating cell metabolism
– Naturally produced analgesic to reduce the sensation of pain
– Immune response
– Lymphatic and venous drainage (reduction of swelling/oedema)
– Angiogenesis – formation of new capillaries and arterioles resulting in improved circulation and tissue oxygenation
Clinical Benefits Of Laser Therapy:
▪ Reduces or eliminates pain.
▪ Reduces the need for pharmaceuticals
▪ Restores range of motion and physical function
▪ Non-invasive / Non-toxic
▪ No known significant adverse effects
▪ No drug interactions
▪ Often makes surgical interventions unnecessary
▪ Provides a treatment alternative for patients that have not responded to conventional therapies.
Read more here – Eﬃcacy of low-level laser therapy in the management of neck pain: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized placebo or active-treatment controlled trials
Low Intensity Laser Treatments are clinically effective for:
Soft Tissue and Sports Injuries
– Ligament/tendon/muscle tears
– Knee dysfunction (meniscal/ligament tears)
Repetitive Strain Injuries
– Rotator Cuff Injuries
– Tennis Elbow/Epicondylitis
– Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
– Tendonitis (supraspinataus/Achilles, etc)
– Degenerative Osteoarthritis
– Spinal Stenosis
– Disc herniation
– Muscle and joint pain/inflammation
– Temporo-mandibular Joint Dysfunction
– Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy/ Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
Are there any side effects?
Unlike pharmaceuticals and other therapeutic options, laser therapy is non-toxic and non-invasive with no reported significant adverse effects.
How many treatments are required?
The number of treatments will depend on how long-standing or chronic the condition is and the extent of the pathology involved. Based on the genetic make-up of the cells, an individual’s response to LILT will vary to some degree. A recent clinical review, including 1,000 consecutively treated patients, revealed the average number of treatments to be 9.4.
Call our Sydney physiotherapy today we have all the latest technology to assist with speeding up your injury rehabilitation.
Servicing your Suburb >>
- West Hoxton
- Hoxton Park
- Cecil hills
- Middleton Grange
- Denham Court
- Green Valley
- Edmondson Park
- Horningsea Park
- Kemps Creek
- Catherine fields
- Oran Park
- Gregory Hills
- Gledswood Hills